Friday, February 25, 2011

A cup of cocoa would make this day.

It's raining and just icky outside...makes me wish I was curled up at home in a blanket with a mug of cocoa.  Sadly, I'm doing that work thing - but now I'm dreaming of real hot cocoa.  None of that Swiss Miss packet garbage...gimmie the good stuff!

So, even though I can't partake in a mug of chocolatey goodness at this moment, I can share a recipe:

1/3 C. dark cocoa powder
1/2 C. sugar
pinch of sea salt
1/3 C. boiling water
3 1/2 C. whole milk
3/4 tsp. vanilla
1/2 C. half & half

Combine dry ingredients in a heavy saucepan, add boiling water and whisk until blended.  Add milk and heat on medium setting, do not boil.  Once mixture is hot enough, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.  Whisk in half & half to cool cocoa down to drinkable temp.  Top with homemade whipped cream if you like - or add marshmallows!

No comments:

Post a Comment