Thursday, July 28, 2011

Drink up!

A few months ago (as a peace offering), my former boss bought me a bottle of Tito's Handmade Vodka, knowing I had a love for that particular spirit.  It is hands down, the only vodka I will drink now. 

Here's why it's better than other top brands out there:

  • It's distilled 6 times
  • It's extremely smooth with a sweet finish
  • It's made from 100% corn, therefore it's gluten-free
  • It's made in the USA
  • It's ALL special reserve; Tito makes only the best
  • The owner's name is Tito Beveridge - for real!

Ok...enough gushing for the moment.  

Before Tito's, I had tried a few espresso infused vodkas.  I enjoyed all of them, as I have a love affair with coffee as well.  Tito doesn't make flavored vodkas, but he definitely encourages his customers to make their own unique blends...and with his permission on Twitter, I did!

Twisty's Coffee-Infused Tito's Vodka...or TCITV

2 cups Tito's Vodka
1 cup coarsely ground coffee (only use GOOD coffee, fresh beans, the darker the roast the more robust the flavor)
1 tbsp raw sugar

Mix ingredients in a large glass jar with a cover, or an old Tito's bottle (if you're like me, you might have one or two).  Shake well. Place jar/bottle in a cabinet - room temperature, dark.  Try to forget about it for a few days...then shake it up again.  Repeat the shaking and forgetting for about 2 weeks.  There's no real time limit, experiment - it's SCIENCE.

After about 2 weeks or so, strain your muddy vodka mixture into a clean pitcher through a few pieces of cheesecloth or use a gold coffee filter, if you have one.  If you find you still have coffee grounds in your vodka, strain it again.  

I like my vodka extra cold, so mine stays in the freezer - until I pour some into a glass with a splash of half & half.  This would also be amazing in a blender with ice cream...really though, this vodka is pretty much amazing with everything.

I apologize for the lack of photo with this post...I...um...drank the test subject.

5 comments:

  1. NOM nom nom....I may have to do this one. I make cherry infused vodka with fresh, pitted bing cherries and the same methods listed above. It never lasts long enough to be bottled and given as gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bing cherry infused Tito's...that sounds illegal! Let's try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely going to make some of this ...I am going to put it in Mason Jar's and share it with my favorite people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you like your coffee a little sweeter, you can always add some sweetened condensed milk along with the half & half.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a vanilla infusion going right now started on 7/7/11 and had a little sip last night. It is SOOOOO YUMMY! Am going to try this as it sounds so delicious and I love me some quality coffee beans!! Tito's Rocks yay GF :o)

    ReplyDelete